The Sisters of Saint Joseph were founded in Le Puy, France in 1650 by Fr. Jean Pierre Medaille, a Jesuit priest.
After the French Revolution, Mother St. John Fontbonne re-grouped the Sisters in France in 1807.
UK & Ireland 1864
Mother House, Annecy.
Llantarnam Abbey 1946
1833 A Foundation at Annecy
In 1833, an SSJ community was founded in Annecy. The new Congregation grew and developed, and their first mission in India was established in 1849.